TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• A daily rate is charged based on a 24-hour daily cycle.
• Quotations may include an extra day’s charge should arrival and departure times not be submitted. Should drivers choose to return a vehicle within the 24 hours cycle, no extra day charges will be levied, irrespective of the flight departure time.
• Final quotations will be subjected to the submission of arrival and departure times.
• Equipment is included in the daily rental rate of equipped vehicles. Additional extras are charged separately.
• An emergency mobile phone will be supplied to all drivers. This phone is compulsory to ensure communication between the rental company and the driver. A once off fee will be charged.
Booking confirmation & payments:
• Payment should only be made once a booking has been confirmed.
• Bookings will only be confirmed once a 30% deposit has been received. Tour operators could negotiate other terms.
• Once a booking has been confirmed, the driver will receive an official payment request which can be completed and submit for payment.
• Vehicles will not be released if the full payment was not received.
• The balance is payable on the day of arrival.
• The Rental Agreement will be signed at the company’s offices.
• Drivers and additional drivers must be in possession of a valid endorsed international driving licence of their country of residence.
• Foreign driver licenses are accepted under the conditions that:
1. The license is in English
2. The license has a photo or ID/passport number on it
3. The license has a signature on it.
• If a photo is not present, the ID document or passport with a photo is required for the identification of the customer. The ID/passport number should match the number on the license.
• If the license is in another language, an international driver’s license should accompany the foreign driver’s license. No driving permits or certified copies/copies of the original driver’s license may be accepted.
• Note that Foreigners must produce a valid passport. To avoid possible complications when collecting a vehicle, we advise foreign travellers to produce a driving license which has been issued in the same country of their passport.
Driver’s age restrictions:
• Drivers should at least be 23 years of age. A young driver surcharge is payable for drivers between the ages 23 and 24.
Pick-up & drop-off arrangements:
• Transport is offered free of charge from and to the Hosea Kutako International Airport only on the day of vehicle pick-up and drop-off between 08:00am and 17:00pm. After 17:00 airport transfer fees are chargeable.
• Rented vehicles are to be picked up and dropped off at the offices of Melbic Car Rentals, Tours & Transfers.
• Arrangements can be made to pick-up the vehicle at other locations after the rental period. An extra charge will be payable.
• Vehicle handover only takes place until 16H00.
• Vehicles may be cancelled at any time before it is due for collection.
Days before rental: % Based on total rental charge:
22 – 30 25%
15 – 21 50%
08 – 14 75%
00 – 07 100%
No Show 100%
• Drivers must present their own credit cards for payment.
• The driver’s name must be printed on the card.
• The credit card limit should be sufficient to cover the rental payment and the excess amount to be reserved.
- Credit card details will be requested through a credit card authorisation form.
• Vehicles will not be released if the credit card of the driver expires during the rental period.
• Master & VISA credit cards are accepted for payment.
• Diners Club & American Express and any debit cards are NOT accepted for payment.
Collision damage waiver:
• Drivers can select different collision damage waiver options. Depending on the option selected, the waiver will limit the driver’s liability in the case of damage to the vehicle and equipment if not caused by the driver.
• An amount will be reserved on the driver’s credit card, depending on the collision damage waiver option selected.
• Collision damage waiver cover should not be confused with car insurance, which can only be offered by registered insurance companies. Collision damage waiver cover should not be confused with the European "fully comprehensive" or "full risk" insurance, which covers all damage regardless of the cause or fault.
• A letter of authorisation will be provided for cross-border travelling. There will be a cross border charge levied on all cross-border rentals.
• The company will not be held liable if a driver is refused entry into another country.
END OF T&C'S